Bihar Scholarship 2021 Online | Bihar Post-Matric scholarship | Bihar SC/ST/OBC Scholarship | Scholarship Bihar | Bihar Scholarship Apply Online | Bihar Scholarship Last Date | Bihar Scholarship Registration
Are you a resident of Bihar? Are you looking for a scholarship for higher education? Nice! Then you have landed at the best place. In this post, we will discuss about all scholarship scheme running in Bihar by State Government, Central Government, and any other organisations.
Table of Contents
About Bihar Scholarship 2020-21
The state government has launched many types of scholarship schemes for needy students, girls, SC/ST and OBC category students to pursue their higher studies without any problem. The main objective of Bihar Scholarship is to encourage students to pursue higher studies despite any budgetary imperative. These scholarships helped many students of SC, ST, backward class, economically backward class and girl to pursue their studies and get employment.
Bihar scholarship schemes are only available for those students who are the permanent resident of Bihar state.
In this post, we will share all the important aspects like eligibility criteria, documents required, the detailed application process, etc. to receive scholarships easily. Also, we will provide you information on how to check your application status for the scholarship.
List of Scholarships in Bihar
Which Bihar scholarship is accessible for you? On which time scholarship form is available for you to apply? These are some important question that comes in any students mind first when they try for a scholarship. So, we have prepared a list of all scholarship schemes running by different organisations in Bihar. We have also mentioned a period when these scholarships are available for students to apply.
The following list of scholarships are available in Bihar state: –
|S. No.||Scholarship Name||Provider Name||Application Period|
|1.||Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST Students, Bihar||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (SC), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (ST) and SC & ST Welfare Department, Bihar||Between May to June|
|2.||BC-EBC Post Matric Scholarship, Bihar||Backward and Extremely Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Bihar||Between January and March|
|3.||Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana (10th, 12th, Graduate Level), Bihar||Government of Bihar||Runs Throughout the Year|
|4.||Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar||Combined Counselling Board||Between October and April|
|5.||Mukhyamantri Medha Vriti Yojna (Madhyamika +2), Bihar||Government of Bihar|
|6.||Mukhyamantri Balak/Balika Protsahan Yojna, Bihar||Government of Bihar|
|7.||Other Backward Classes Pre-Matric (Scholarship) Scheme, Bihar||Government of Bihar|
|8.||Other Backward Classes Post-Graduation Scholarship Scheme, Bihar||Government of Bihar|
|9.||Chief Minister’s Extremely Backward Class Meritorious Scheme, Bihar||Government of Bihar|
|10.||Chief Minister Backward Class Meritocracy Scheme, Bihar||Government of Bihar|
Post Matric Scholarship for SC and ST Students of Bihar
Post Matric Scholarship scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and actualized through State Government and UT administration. This scholarship is available only for the students who belong to the ST and SC category. The Scheme provides financial support to the SC and ST students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to empower them to finish their higher education. This scholarship is available only for those students who study in India only and are awarded by their respective state government/Union Territory.
The Eligibility criteria for the post-matric scholarship for SC and ST category students are given below: –
- Students belong to SC/ST category only.
- Students’ parents/guardians’ income does not exceed than Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh fifty thousand only) per annum from all sources.
- The applicant must be a resident of Bihar State to take scholarship in Bihar.
- The applicant must be studying in a post-matric class.
- An applicant must be studying a recognized course.
- Students are pursuing in India only.
- The Applicant must be studying in the state, or central government recognised institution.
The selected scholar will get the following benefits for the complete duration of the course:
- Support stipend between Rs.380/ – to 1200/ – every month for hostellers and from Rs. 230/ – to Rs. 550/ – every month for day scholars.
- Repayment of necessary non-refundable charges
- Study visit charges
- Thesis typing/printing charges for Research Scholars
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses
- Book bank facility for specified courses, and
- Extra remittance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course.
The following documents are required while applying for the post metric scholarship: –
- Copy of educational certificates.
- Annual Income proof (Income Statement as an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper)
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Bank account details
- Aadhaar card.
- Receipt of course (Post matric admission proof)
- Passport size photographs with student’s signature
When to apply?
Bihar State Government declare the details of the scheme and welcome applicant by issuing an advertisement in the leading newspapers of the State and through their respective websites and other media outfits in May-June. The candidate has to submit the completed application to the prescribed authority before the last date prescribed for receipt of applications.
Follow the below-mentioned procedure to apply for the post-matric scholarship: –
- Open the Website https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- Click on State schemes options present on the menu bar.
- Select the state
- Different application details will be displayed on your screen.
- Select for Post Matric Scholarship
- Click on Apply
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill the application form.
- Upload the required documents
- Click on submit