Lack of financial support is one of the main causes of many students not going for higher education in India. E-district scholarship can prove to be a boon for such students who suffer from an economic crisis in their education process. Scholarships have been one of the most successful tools to help needy students, and the Delhi government has also launched this Delhi e-district scholarship with the same vision.
In this article, we will be discussing the e-district scholarship in detail. Along with its rewards and benefits, we will also cover the online application process, documents required, and the eligibility criteria for the e-district scholarship. So read the article till the end and get all the information in one place.
Table of Contents
Delhi E-District Scholarship 2021
This scholarship is taken care of by the SC/ST/OBC/minority Welfare Department of Delhi. Anyone who belongs to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, other backward classes, or any other minority community in Delhi can take advantage of this scheme. The candidates can register themselves on the official website of the National Capital Territory (NCT) Delhi e-district.
Not only in Delhi, but e-district scholarships are also available in other states of India. The objective of this scheme is to encourage those students pursuing higher education who are suffering financial instability. Anyone belonging to a reserved category in any of the Indian states can apply for this scholarship scheme’s rewards.
Benefits of e-district scholarship
Some key benefits of e-district scholarship are as follows:
- The aim is to provide scholarships to financially weak students all across Delhi.
- The candidates are also given the e-district certificate.
- Stationery allowance and reimbursement are also provided to the selected students.
- The scholarship is provided for pursuing education in all the fields mentioned in the below availability section.
Candidates who aspire for higher education and belong to the classes who generally cannot afford higher education are provided with the e-district scholarship’s benefits.
The reward is provided to the qualified students for the scholarship who are pursuing 11th/12th, ITI, Diploma in Nursing, Polytechnic, ITC partnered courses, under-graduation, and postgraduate degrees, PhD, and MPhil.
It is also provided to the students who are studying in IIM and IIT as ‘Top Class Scholarship.’
E-District Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Anyone looking forward to applying for the e-district scholarship has to meet these eligibility criteria to get the benefits.
- Only the candidates who come under any reserved categories recognised in their respective states can only apply for the e-district scholarship.
- Candidates need to get a minimum of 50% in their previous course examination.
- The candidate’s annual family income applying for the e-district scholarship should not exceed 200,000 INR from all the sources combined.
- The candidate should get admitted to any of the courses for which he/she is applying for the scholarship.
E-District Scholarship Delhi- Online Apply
Here is the step-by-step guide for filling up the e-district scholarship Delhi application form online.
1. First of all, you need to click the link provided below, which will take you to the official website for E-District Scholarship Delhi.
Link – edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
2. Then, the homepage will appear on your screen.
3. Select the New Registrations option, and then it will take you to a new page.
4. There will be some instructions being displayed on your screen.
5. After reading the following instructions, select continue.
6. The registration form for the e-district scholarship will be opened where you have to enter all the required details asked.
7. The registration form asks for personal details, caste details, family income details, qualification details, etc.
8. Then, in the next type, upload the documents asked and accept the declaration mentioned in the form.
9. Finally, after filling up all the details and doing the final verification of the correctness of those details, hit the register button.
10. Then, you will receive an email where you will find the link to add a school /institute with the AISHE or the DISE code.
11. You should also change the previously provided password for your security. Also, you can download and take out a printout of the submitted form for use as a reference in the future.
Here are some of the important documents that you will need for applying for the E-District Scholarship Delhi.
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Mark Sheet
- Bank Details
- Candidates’ Fee Receipt
- Recent Photographs
Once a candidate completes the registration process for e district scholarship, then there is a selection process. A scholarship committee for selection is there that selects the candidates based on their academic performance, family income, and previous course results. After the selection process gets completed, the selected beneficiaries’ list is made public on the official website of e-district scholarship Delhi.
If you have any other queries or need any help, you can contact the helpline number or write a mail on the email address below.
Helpline number- 0120 6619540
Email address- [email protected]
I hope this article was helpful to you.