Inspire Scholarship | Inspire Fellowship 2021 | DST Inspire Fellowship | DST Inspire Scholarship
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) originated the “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” Programme in 2008. This fellowship targets to bring young Indian talent towards the study of science and technology, leading to careers. INSPIRE fellowship combines with three components. Out of the three members, INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme grants, post-doctoral fellowships, to young talents for independent research in the subject field and developing their future as a researcher.
Table of Contents
- INSPIRE Fellowship Details:
- Three components of The INSPIRE Scholarship
- INSPIRE Scholarship (DST)
INSPIRE Fellowship Details:
Scholarship for Higher Education is a scholarship that comes under the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) program of DST. The Department of Science and Technology executed this scholarship program (DST), Govt. of India. The talented and deserving students of natural and basic science can obtain this fellowship program for their higher studies. Each selected aspirant can receive INR 80,000 annually for pursuing any subject of Natural or Basic Sciences under the scholarship program SHE of INSPIRE fellowship.
The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is valid for a maximum of five years for one successful candidate. No student shall avail of two fellowships throughout the occupation of this Fellowship session.
Three components of The INSPIRE Scholarship
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS),
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) (INSPIRE SHE Scholarship) and
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC).
INSPIRE Scholarship (DST)
Set up the Government of India in 1971, DST advances new zones of Science and Technology in the nation. Yet DST likewise moves in the direction of the application and advancement of Science and Technology at the grass-root level through training, examination, and improvement. The INSPIRE Scheme one such exertion towards this heading.
(I) Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS) plans to pull in skilled youth to contemplate science by giving INSPIRE Award of Rs 5000 to 1,000,000 youthful students of the age bunch 10-15 years, going from Class VI to Class X guidelines, and by masterminding day camps for around 50,000 science understudies of Class XI with worldwide pioneers in science to encounter the delight of developments on a yearly premise through INSPIRE Internship.
(ii) Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) plans to improve paces of connection of skilled youth to attempt advanced education in science concentrated projects by giving grants and mentorship. The plan offers 10,000 Scholarship consistently at Rs 0.80 lakh every year for the gifted youth in the age bunch 17-22 years, for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level training in characteristic sciences. The fundamental component of the plan is the mentorship uphold to each researcher.
(iii) Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC) expects to draw in, connect, hold, and feed capable youthful logical Human Resource for fortifying the R&D establishment and base. It has two sub-parts. In the main segment, for example, Move Fellowship (age gathering of 22-27 years), it offers 1000 cooperation consistently for doing a doctoral certificate in both fundamental and applied sciences, including designing and medication. In the second segment, for example, the Motivate Faculty Scheme, it offers guaranteed opportunity consistently for 1000 post-doctoral analysts in the age gathering of 27-32 years, through authoritative and residency track positions for a very long time in both fundamental and applied sciences region.
Important Dates of INSPIRE Fellowship:
The scholarship is promoted every year from the middle of October to the end of Dec. INSPIRE Scholarship dates for Higher Education 2021 are not yet declared. Still, we have attached below a tentative schedule of the fellowship.
- Online application starting date-1st November 2021.
- Online application closing date-31st December 2021.
- Releasing date of the selected aspirants April-May 2021.
Subjects Option for The Fellowship Selection:
The candidate should have a valid regular degree certificate of basic science to get the fellowship scholarship at any UGC registered university. Below the subjects are eligible for getting selected for the INSPIRE fellowship program.
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
- Marine Biology
Eligibility for The Fellowship;
There are some criteria that you have to follow to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship. The candidate must have passed class 12 and with the courses in Natural Sciences at the B.Sc. or Integrated M.Sc. level. The complete guidelines of this scholarship are given below-
- The required age is 17 to 22 years for applying to obtain the scholarship.
- The candidates must be between the top 1% of the successful students in terms of their 10+2 exams.
- In the same year of qualifying class 12th, the student should have enrolled in any courses of Natural and Basic Sciences at the level of BSc, BS, and Integrated MSc/MS.
- The aspirants have to be amongst the top 10000 achievers in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)IIT, AIEEE (top 20000 rankers), and qualified CBSE-Medical (AIPTM) and chosen to study Natural/Basic Sciences course.
- The applicants who got enrolled in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the Mumbai University for proceeding courses in Natural/Basic Sciences initiating to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are also qualified for obtaining the fellowship.
- The students who are KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists, and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) student and are inquiring courses in Natural/Basic Sciences initiating to B.Sc., and M.Sc. degree is also acceptable.
- The maximum age limit as of 1st Jan 2021 is 32 years for the General Category.
- However, for SC and ST candidates, the maximum age limit will be 35 years.
- For somebody with a benchmark, disabilities have the opportunity of the maximum age limit of 42 years for applying to the fellowship program.
The applications for INSPIRE Scholarship 2021 are to be received through the online Inspire Portal. For applying to the scholarship, you need to follow the below guideline-
- The applicants have to register as a new user on the INSPIRE scholarship portal. http://online-inspire.gov.in/
- In the second step, you have to enter your name, gender, date of birth, email, password, eligibility criteria, verification code, etc.
- After that, the applicant will receive the User Id and password in their registered email.
- After checking the email, you need to click the activation link to activate your account.
- You have to keep all the required documents while filling the application form, and the papers will be in terms of scanned copies.
- After activating your account, you need to log in to the INSPIRE web portal using your credentials.
- Now, you must fill in all the necessary details like personal details, enrolment information at B.Sc. and Integrated M.Sc. level, senior secondary aggregates, competitive exam details, contact details, and other mandatory details.
- Also, you need to upload all the demanded documents online to inspire the scholarship web portal application form.
- And you need to make sure that all the details along with uploaded documents are correct.
- After that, for your convenience, you click the print button and review your application form before submission.
- Now, you can click the ‘Submit’ button to submit the application form.
- At last, do not forget to take a print out of your application form.
The officials need to verify your statements in the application form. That is why some necessary documents are required to make the work easier for the officials. We have given some mandatory documents which you have to keep while submitting the application form.
- A passport size photograph is required for the process.
- You need to have the certificate which describes your caste/community in case of OBC/SC/ST category.
- You needed to be passed out from the central or state board.
- Class 12th or equivalent exam qualifying result sheets are required for the process.
- Class 10th or equivalent exam qualifying result sheets are necessary for the procedure.
- Certificate of rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists (if the candidate is eligible under this criterion) is needed to apply for the scholarship.
- SBI bank passbook details are required for the form filling process.
Selection Process of The Scholarship:
After reviewing all the eligibility criteria of all applicants, they will be shortlisted. Below is the process of the selection:
Within the given time, a list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the INSPIRE web portal.
- The selected applicants have to download the offer letter from the online portal of INSPIRE.
- The shortlisted candidates will be provided with some timeline to upload their essential documents for further consideration.
- After all the selection process, the chosen students will receive their scholarship rewards directly into their State Bank of India (SBI) bank account.
Terms and Conditions for Implementation
- The students who have not distinguished host organizations at the hour of their application ought to follow their last choice. The selected candidates should avail for three months for the INSPIRE fellowship program.
- A selected applicant, who is yet to be granted the PhD degree, will get a hint for the accommodation of his/her PhD degree authentication within three months to abstain from relinquishing the opportunity.
- They will get an endless supply of the PhD degree declaration.
- The Offer Letter will be given to the applicant through the web-based interface within three months‟ legitimacy to attempt the Cooperation at the picked Host Institution.
- Chosen INSPIRE Faculty Fellows joining private scholastic/research organizations will get only the Research Grant, and their host foundations should pay the association sum according to Scheme standards.
- Suppose an INSPIRE Faculty Fellow finds a stable situation during the residency of the Cooperation. In that case, the Fellowship sum will be ceased from the day the INSPIRE Faculty Individual joins the stable condition. Yet, he/she may proceed with the INSPIRE Faculty Partnership Scheme profiting Research Grant just for the rest of the period to complete research while possessing the new position.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellow is allowed to join for any serious award from different financing organizations during the residency of the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
Frequently Asked Question On INSPIRE Scholarship:
- How many INSPIRE scholarships are distributed every year among students?
Ans. Ten thousand scholarships at the rate of INR 80,000 per student will be disbursed every year.
- Who can obtain for INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education?
Ans. The eligibility is quite simple and described above. For more information on criteria, please go through the eligibility section of this guide.