Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship | Indira Gandhi Scholarship for the Single Girl Child | Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021
Educational scholarships are essential for empowering human society. We all aware that female children’s literacy level is less in our country. Our government is offering many scholarship schemes for supporting education. Students of all categories can make use of these financial aids to pursue their studies. Postgraduate Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship is a government initiative program. It can help the single child of a family to continue their higher education. This post briefs the A to Zs of the scholarship for you.
Table of Contents
- About Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021
- The Scholarship Benefits Available With the Scheme
- Eligibility Standards for Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
About Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021
The scholarship is under the control of the university grants commission. The Indira Gandhi single girl child scholarship is available for children studying higher education. This scheme can assist you throughout the course with financial support. https://www.ugc.ac.in/sgc/
Who Can Apply?
The girl students coming under the following criteria can make use of this scheme.
- The only girl child of a family.
- Candidates pursuing their postgraduate courses.
- The girl child should be more than the age of 30.
The Scholarship Benefits Available With the Scheme
The Indira Gandhi scholarship for the Single Girl can assist you in pursuing a PG course. All single girl students can make use of this scheme. The sum given will be INR 3100 per month for ten months in a year. The fellow is available throughout the post-graduation course.
Eligibility Standards for Indira Gandhi Single Child Scholarship
All candidates should fulfill the following requirements for making use of this scholarship. Make sure that all the essential documents are available before proceeding with the scholarship.
- Students should be studying in an institution recognized by UGC, state, and central government.
- Students must be studying in the first semester of the PG curriculum.
- Candidates must be pursuing a PG course in regular-stream.
- The female candidate should be the sole kid of the family.
- For twin daughters, both the girl children are appropriate for this fellowship.
- Students should have completed thirty years of age while getting admission for the PG course.
- There is no income restriction for availing of this scholarship.
Selection and Number of Scholarships Available
All the applicants have to register and submit their scholarship application. Students can make use of the National Scholarship Portal for completing their applications. An expert committee will select the candidate suitable for scholarships. The selection will be made as per the guidance of UGC. Every year 3000 scholarships will available for students.
Steps for Applying Single Girl ChildScholarship 2021
With the following steps, You may apply for the Indira Gandhi scholarship for single girls.
Step 2: Select the option for new registration.
Step 3: Complete the registration application. Choose the option to submit.
Step 4: You will be receiving the user name and PIN. These credentials will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 5: Access the scholarship portal and sign in with the login credentials received.
Step 6: Change your password using the OTP.
Step 7: Now, you can access the applicant’s dashboard.
Step 8: Use the dashboard to choose the option for filling applications
Step 9: Fill the applications with all the required details.
Step 10: Input the basic, academic, and registration information.
Step 11: Upload the proof documents for academic qualifications and personal identity.
Step 12: Make sure that the details you entered are correct with a draft copy.
Step 13: Choose the option to submit your application.
Documents Necessary For Completing the Scholarship Application Form
The following documents are necessary for completing the Indira Gandhi scholarship for single girl child application. You should keep these documents ready to upload before filling the application.
- Aadhar card of the candidate
- Passport size photograph
- Mark sheets of the last examination self-attested by the candidate
- Fee structure and receipt of the present course studying
- Admission proof for the postgraduate course
- Affidavit for confirming the single girl child status
Last Date For Applying for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
The scholarship scheme will be available for the students during August. For the 2020- 21 scholarship application, the dates are as following.
The official announcement of the scholarship: 16.10.2020
Closing date of the scholarship: 31.12.2020
Verification of Institution: 15.01.2021