Janani Suraksha Yojana has been initiated by the government of India for the benefits of pregnant women and newborns in the country. Many pregnant women in the country face poor health conditions and the unavailability of proper medical assistance at the time of childbirth. This scheme aims to solve these issues.
We will be discussing Janani Suraksha Yojana in detail in this article. We will give you brief data regarding the scheme rewards, eligibility, the process for applying online, and all other required information. Read the article till the end, and all your queries regarding the Janani Suraksha scheme will be answered.
Table of Contents
Janani Suraksha Yojana 2021
Janani Suraksha Yojana is launched under the National Rural Health Mission. Currently, it is under the implementation stage. It targets all the states and union territories, focusing on the LPS (Low Performing States).
Pregnancy-related complications are a cause of around 56,000 women dying annually in India. The infant mortality rate is also very high, and about 13,00,000 newborns die annually before crossing the age of 12 months. This was the background for Janani Suraksha Yojana’s launch under the National Health Mission(NHM).
Financial assistance to pregnant women is given under this scheme. Anyone willing to take advantage of Janani Suraksha Yojana can apply online.
Janani Suraksha Yojana – Objective
This Yojana goal is to bring down the infant and maternal mortality rates and encourage institutional deliveries so that proper facilities are available to reduce the rate of mother and newborn deaths due to pregnancy-related causes. It will help poor women get proper medical facilities to meet any kind of emergencies at the delivery time. This Yojana’s financial help will help the women take care of their pre and post-pregnancy health.
Different Kinds of Assistance
There are two different categories under which assistance is given.
Under Janani Suraksha Yojana, Rs 1400 financial help will be enabled by the government at the time of delivery. This help is only provided to the women falling under the Below Poverty Line(BPL) category. Also, ASHA workers are paid a Rs 600 package for delivery services and as incentives.
Rs 1000 is given to the pregnant women at the time of delivery, and ASHA workers are given an amount of Rs 400 in the urban areas under Janani Suraksha Yojana.
Janani Suraksha Yojana Eligibility
- This scheme is only for poor women. So the women belonging to the BPL category can only apply for it.
- The minimum required age for getting the benefit of this scheme is 19 years.
- At the time of delivery, the woman needs to visit only the government recognised private hospitals or any government hospital.
- The help is only provided for giving birth up to two children.
Janani Suraksha Yojana Online Apply
1. First of all, go to the official website for Janani Suraksha Yojana.
Officials website link- nhm.gov.in
2. You can download the Janani Suraksha Yojana application form in PDF format from the website.
3. Then, you need to fill up the details asked in the form, and after attaching all the documents, you have to go to any Women Help Centres or Anganwadi and submit the application form.
4. In this way, you can apply for this Yojana.
How to check application status?
- On the official website, look for the application status link.
- Then, it will take you to a new page where it will ask you for your reference number.
- After entering that number, hit the search button, and the status will be displayed in front of your screen.
Here are some of the important documents that you will need while applying for JSY.
- Aadhar card
- Address certificate
- BPL card
- Delivery certificate
- Bank details
- Recent photographs
- Phone number
Some Important Facts
- The scheme is available in all the Union Territories and States.
- It is a fully Central Government scheme.
- Post childbirth, free immunization, and regular information regarding vaccination are delivered for the following 5 years.
- ASHA workers are regarded as social health workers under this Yojana.
- Rs 500 assistance is given to those who gave birth at home with Anganwadi/ASHA doctors’ help.
- Before the delivery, free prenatal checkups are provided to the beneficiaries, and after the delivery, various kinds of post-pregnancy services are made available through Anganwadi and ASHA workers.
It is a great initiative by the government to help needy women during their time of pregnancy. The amount is directly transferred into the bank account so that those women can properly maintain their pregnancy health.
If you have any other queries or doubts regarding this scheme, you can comment in the below comment box.