The Kalia Yojana or the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation is a scheme launched by the government of Odisha to help the farmers, croppers, cultivators, and landless agricultural labourers living in the state of Odisha. It was launched in December 2018 by Naveen Patnaik-the CM of the state.
There are several benefits that are made available to the beneficiaries of this scheme. It includes direct financial assistance, interest-free loans, support system, etc. We will discuss everything in detail in this article about Kalia Yojana. If you are looking for detailed information on this scheme, then go through this article carefully, and we will cover everything. Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
- Kalia Yojana 2021
- Benefits of Kalia Yojana
- How to apply for Kalia Yojana online?
- How to check Kalia Yojana beneficiary list?
- How to check Kalia Yojana application status?
- How to login for Kalia Yojana portal?
- How to Lodge Grievance?
- How to check your grievance status?
Kalia Yojana 2021
There are several farmers who get caught in the vicious cycle of the debt trap and struggle throughout their life. The government started this scheme to help such farmers. The scheme provides financial assistance to the marginal cultivators, vulnerable farmers and landless labourers. The Kalia Yojana targets to support almost all the needy (around 92% of cultivators) in Odisha state. This will help in increasing the agricultural productivity along with the income of farmers in Odisha.
Initially Rs. 5115 crores were allocated for this scheme at the time of its launch. The government has sanctioned a budget of 3195 crores for the financial year 2021.
Benefits of Kalia Yojana
- First of all, an amount of Rs. 25000 will be given to each family for buying seeds, fertilizers and meeting other agricultural expenses.
- An amount of Rs. 12500 will be provided to each landless agricultural household to buy kits engaged in activities like goat rearing, fishing, beekeeping, mushroom cultivation, and other such agricultural allied activities.
- An amount of Rs. 10000 every year will be given to the families of Landless labourers and vulnerable cultivators for their sustenance.
- There is also an Rs. 2 lakh Life Insurance cover which will be provided to the savings bank account holders. Anyone between the age group of 18 to 50 years can take advantage of this, where a premium of Rs. 330 has to be paid out of which the government spends Rs. 165.
- Along with that, at an Rs.12 nominal rate, an Rs. 200,000 accident cover benefit is also available for people between the age of 18 to 50 years. Government contributes Rs. 6 towards it.
- An interest-free loan of Rs. 50000 is also available for the farmers.
Here are some of the criteria you have to meet before you can take advantage of Kalia Yojana.
- Only the permanent residents of Odisha are eligible for the scheme.
- Anyone applying for this scheme must come under the marginal or small and BPL category.
- Anyone who comes under the tax payment structure or works for the Central or the State government or any PSU department is not eligible.
- Having an active bank account is a must for anyone applying for Kalia Yojana.
How to apply for Kalia Yojana online?
Here are the steps you need to follow to fill up the Kalia Yojana application form online.
1. Go to the official website for Kalia Yojana by clicking the link below.
2. You will get an option called Apply Online.
3. Select that and provide your Aadhaar number.
4. Then select the show button, and Kalia Yojana application form will appear on your screen.
5. You have to fill it correctly and after attaching the required documents, click on the submit button.
6. In this way, your online registration for Kalia Yojana will be done.
Here are some essential documents that you will need while applying for Kalia Yojana.
- Address proof
- Aadhar card
- Residential proof
- Bank details
- Mobile number
How to check Kalia Yojana beneficiary list?
- On the homepage of the official website of Kalia Yojana, you can see an option called Beneficiary List.
- Select that option, and then you have to provide your district and block name and hit on the search button.
- Then, a PDF file will be displayed on your screen, which can also be downloaded where you can check the name of the beneficiaries under Kalia Yojana.
How to check Kalia Yojana application status?
- On the Kalia Yojana official website’s homepage, you have to search for the online grievance application form.
- You have to select that option, and then you have to select track your application option.
- Then you will be asked for your token number and after entering that, hit on the show button.
- Your application status will be displayed on your screen.
How to login for Kalia Yojana portal?
- You have to go to the official website, and then you have to select the login button.
- In the next step as per your category, select the login link.
- Then you have to provide your username and password and enter the correct captcha code.
- Finally, you have to hit the submit button, and you will be logged in.
How to Lodge Grievance?
- On the homepage of Kalia Yojana’s website, you have an option for the online grievance application form.
- You have to select that and then hit on the proceed button.
- Then it will ask you a question: If you want to file a grievance? You have to select YES.
- Then it will ask you for your Aadhaar number, and then you have to fill up the grievance form with all the details requested.
- After that, you have to click on the submit button, and you will be provided with a token number that can be used for future references.
How to check your grievance status?
As we said, you’re provided with a token number after you successfully submit your grievance form. You can use the same token number for checking the status of your grievance form. Here are the steps:
- Go to the official website.
- Then go to the online grievance application form.
- After that, select track your application and then provide the token or the Aadhar number and hit on the show button.
- The grievance status will be displayed on your screen.
We tried to provide as much information as we could in this article. If you still need some extra information or have any complaint, query, or issue regarding Kalia Yojana, you can call on these toll-free numbers.
- 0806 1174 222
- 1800 5721 122
- 1800 345 6770 (For complaints)