National Scholarship Portal 2021| NSP Full-Form | NSP Login | NSP Portal 2021 | NSP 2021 | National Scholarship Portal Last Date | NSP Last Date 2021 | National Scholarship Portal Registration | NSP Scholarship 2021 | NSP Scholarship Form
NSP stands for National Scholarship Portal introduced under the National e-Governance Plan that is made to provide various scholarships to the student to provide them with a better education. It is the most prominent scholarship portal that provides various range of scholarship for the student to the disbursal of scholarship to them. The portal ensures providing funds to the beneficiary account to avoid any kind of leakage.
Table of Contents
- The benefit of National scholarship portal as follows:
- The reason behind NSP Portal creation
- List of various scholarship through National Scholarship Portal (NSP Portal)
- The process to apply for National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Required Documents for applying National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Major services of National Scholarship Portal
- Apply through Mobile App for National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- NSP FAQ s
The benefit of National scholarship portal as follows:
- All kind of scholarship information is available on one platform.
- One can make a single integrated application for all scholarships which simplifies the application process.
- The portal eases improved transparency to all its users.
- One can find the primary data for all courses and institutions at an all-India level on this platform.
- It attends as an excellent tool for divisions and ministries in the form Decision Support System i.e.DSS
The reason behind NSP Portal creation
The main objective for the creation of the National scholarship portal are as follows:
- To make sure of the scholarship being provided to students on time
- The mutual platform for Central and State Government scholarship
- To develop a transparent database of scholar’s
- To evade repetition that happens while processing the application.
- To match the various scholarships and their norms
- To confirm the application is for direct benefit transfer
How National scholarship portal is beneficial to students
- Students can check eligibility for the scholarship and avail it.
- Student can register themselves and apply for the scholarship for which they are eligible
- Can easily submit the application online
- Students track their application status through NSP and authorities will verify the application online
- If the application is verified, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the student account through direct benefit transfer (DBT).
List of various scholarship through National Scholarship Portal (NSP Portal)
National scholarship portal covers all kind of scholarship for the students who are in class 1 to PhD Level. The various NSP scholarship is covered as follows:
- Central schemes
- UGD schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
One can apply for any scholarship but have to check eligibility criteria first for the above four kind of scholarship. For more detail must visit the official website and check eligibility online through https://scholarships.gov.in/.
The process to apply for National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
One need to register themselves to avail the scholarship and for that first need to register on the NSP portal through student login. Firstly, the students check that their current educational institution is registered on the portal or not before applying for the scholarship. If the institution is not registered on the portal, then student not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the facility for the institutions to register themselves, if not registered on the portal.
The following steps need to follow for registration:
- First, need to search for the institute and for that visit the home page of official website https://scholarships.gov.in/.
- There one can see the search for institute button.
- Have to fill the details to get the institution list, and if your institution is not registered, you can ask your institution to register themselves on the portal.
- If you can see your institution, then you need to register as a fresh user by visiting the home page of the portal. For that click on new registration block
- A guideline page will be open for registration on NSP.
- Go through the guideline properly before move ahead.
- Click on continue to proceed and fill all the required details it is asking for and then click on the register.
- Once registration is done successfully, you will receive application ID and password on your registered phone number.
- Through this detail, you can login by clicking on the login button to start the application process.
- After login, you will receive the OTP for verification purpose and redirected to change the password, which is the compulsory step.
- After changing the password, the applicant is directed to the dashboard page, and there you need to required fill all details, including basic and academic.
- Then click on save and continue.
- Add contact details, scheme details and upload all required documents.
- If all information is correct click on final submit button else save as draft for further check and changes and then click on the final button to submit the application.
Important Note: The final application after submission cannot be edited again. Therefore, applicants make sure to double-check which clicking on the final submit button as no change will be done after final submission.)
Required Documents for applying National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
To apply on national scholarship portal, students have to upload some important documents to complete the application process, and for the scholarship less than INR 50,000 the students need not to upload any documents.
For all the students, the required documents which required to upload are as follows:
- Bank passbook
- Qualification documents
- Aadhar card number
- Domicile certificate (as per scholarship guidelines)
- Income certificate (as per scholarship guidelines)
- Caste certificate (if applicable and as per scholarship guidelines)
- Bonafide student certificate from school or institute (if the institute or school is dissimilar from the domicile state of the applicant)
Major services of National Scholarship Portal
There are also many other services apart for applying for the scholarship. The benefits are for both students and the institutions. The one can explore all the services through a national scholarship portal under the “Service section”. The primary services are as follows under the following sections:
- User manual of NSP 2.0- To inform the user about the workflow on NSP. The student will get complete detail about scholarship, registration and application process.
- Eligibility of the scheme- Under this section, the students can filter and figure out the scholarship scheme based on their requirements and are required to fill all the details like parent annual income, gender, category, disability status, course level, captcha code etc.
- Scheme wise state nodal officers- Under this section, the students can explore the list of state nodal officers as per their scheme they want to apply for. For example, if anyone is applying for a UGC scheme, then they have to check the details of state nodal officers under the ‘UGC’ section.
- Know your AISHE Code – this section will inform the student, and one can check the AISHE codes of their school/college or institute registered on the portal by specifying the institute type, state, district (not compulsory) and university type (not compulsory)
- Get AISHE Code for your Institute – under this section institute can register themselves if not registered earlier by filling the form available on the national scholarship portal.
- Check applicants processed for scholarship – under this section one can browse the list of applicants who have been selected for the scholarship by selecting the academic year, application type, ministry, scheme, state and district to get relevant details.
- List for Officer details – under this section one can get all the information related to nodal officers for each ministry, state or district in this section.
- Officer details list for district nodal – Under this section, the students can browse the district-wise list of nodal officers.
- Operational manual for Institute – under this section, an institute can explore the operation manual on how to fill the registration form, how to update profile, and how to remove DISE/AISHE/NCVT code.
Apply through Mobile App for National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
Student can also apply from the mobile app for the national scholarship portal. Government of India has launched a mobile app for the National Scholarship Portal in the year 2018 to make the application process more accessible and convenient for the students. From the google play, one can download the app and install the mobile app on the mobile device. In the UMANG app, there is an availability of NSP mobile app so that if anyone already has UMANG app can start to apply for the scholarship by registering at NSP mobile app. The app has all facility to provide you with all services for the national scholarship portal.
National Scholarship Portal is one platform through which students can avail of the different scholarships and fill the application for the same. It is launched by the National e-Governance plan (NeGP), and NSP makes sure that scholarship will be processed and disburse on time to the eligible candidate. The students can access the scholarship as per their requirements and can apply through their domicile scholarship. The national scholarship portal covers all kinds of scholarships and available for the students who are in class 1 to Ph.D. Level. There are various NSP scholarships like Central schemes, UGD schemes, AICTE schemes, and State schemes.
NSP FAQ s
What is NSP?
NSP stands for National Scholarship Portal, and it is to provide scholarships to the eligible students
Who can apply for NSP?
Students who are in class 1 to PhD Level can apply for the national scholarship portal to avail the scholarship
From where I can apply for NSP?
You can apply for NSP by visiting official website http://scholarships.gov.in
What is the last date to apply for NSP?
The application process for NSP started and the last date to apply is 30th October 2021