NMMS Scholarship 2021 | NMMS Scholarship Registration | NMMS Exam Application | NMMS Registration
NMMS stands for national means cum-merit scholarship scheme is a national level competitive scholarship exam. Ministry of electronics and information technology has recently released the NMMS scholarship 2021 application form. Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded every year. The application forms are available for all the students of class 7th or 8th from Government school. If you are one of the eligible students of the NMMS scholarship or want to apply or enrol for the NMMS exam application, get all the details about it here.
In NMMS scholarship, the authority will provide the scholarship to the students for four years from class 9th to class 12th. The financial assistance of 12000/- will be provided yearly by depositing 1000/- per month into beneficiaries’ accounts. The NMMS scheme is implemented by the department of school education and literacy under the human resource department’s ministry.
Table of Contents
Detailed overview of the NMMS scholarship And Its features
Mentioned below is the detailed overview of the NMMS scholarship 2021. The list contains the essential features and highlights of the scheme you need to check along with NMMS registration.
- A significant number of students are provided with the scholarship. The motive is to support education and provide education to India’s economically weaker section through the scheme.
- The scheme is provided every year. All the schools, government, and private are included under the NMMS system.
- The applicant’s parents should have an income of not more than 1.5 lakhs from all the income sources.
- The amount of 1000/- will be added to the beneficiary’s account every month with this scheme’s help.
- Applicants need to clear the entrance examination to obtain the scholarship and avail of its benefits.
- Various examination centres will be allotted for students in every state.
- The minimum amount of the period the scholarship is provided for four years. Applicants will be required to renew the scholarship scheme every year.
General eligibility criteria for the NMMS registration 2021
You won’t be able to apply for the NMMS scholarship. If you do not fit into the eligibility criteria for the scholarship. Make sure to go through all the points of the eligibility criteria carefully.
- The student applying for the scholarship should have a minimum of 60 percent of attendance and should also pursue the approved courses by authority
- The scholarship (NMMS) is valid only for the Indian students
- In case if any students leave his or her education during the scholarship period, no scholarship or any other assistance will be provided to that person
- Under the scheme, if any candidate hasn’t applied for the claim before 12 months, the government authority will not be liable to give funds to that student
- If the scholarship is cancelled or discontinued due to any official reason, there can be no other way for the disbursement of the financial funds
- If any student suffers from an illness, they need to represent their medical certificate to the authority as proof.
- To avail the scholarship, the candidates of class 7 need to score a minimum of 55 percent for general/OBC/Others and for SC/ ST it is 50 percent
- The students studying in class 8 need to be promoted to level 9 to avail of the scholarship benefits.
- The authority will strictly monitor the scholarship working to ensure all the applicants are getting the proper financial assistance.
Selection of candidates under the NMMS scholarship Scheme
The students’ choice for the scholarship is made through the government education authority’s written test. If You want to apply for the NMMS exam application, please go through the details carefully, as mentioned below.
The NMMS 2021 scholarship exam is conducted by the state and their respective UT’s. The NMMS scholarship comprises of the following two test-
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)
The examination structure of the scholarship examination
Mental ability Test- (MAT)– there will e a total of 90 questions provided to the students. In this section, the students will be asked regarding verbal and nonverbal reasoning. The level of the examination quickly.
Scholastic Ability Test –(SAT)– In this examination, the students’ subject skill is considered. In this also, the students will be provided with a total of 90 questions. The questions related to the subject mathematics, science, and social science are asked in this section of the examination. A limited time of 90 minutes is provided to the students to clear the test.
National means Cum Merit Scholarship Results
You can check for the results of the scholarship by visiting the National Scholarship Portal. All you need is to enter your roll number and password with which you already registered yourself. These details are all present on your admit card.
The applicant must secure the cut off marks to achieve the benefits and financial assistance provided through this scholarship. The prescribed cut off marks for the examination segment is just 40 percent for all categories except SC/ST. The reserved category of the students only needs to achieve 32 percent to clear the examination.
You can fill the NMMS scholarship registration form by simply visiting the portal https://scholarships.gov.in/. Soon the results and other details related to the scholarship will be uploaded on the official portal. Once you clear the examination, the government authorities will track your account number and school details to provide you with the scholarship financial assistance. The NMMS scholarship 2021 forms are already out, make sure to register on time before missing the date.