Agriculture is the largest sector in India, but farmers’ condition is not very good. Most of the people working in organised sectors have financial security like Pension Funds for their old age, but there are no such facilities in the agricultural sector. Keeping this factor in mind, PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana has been started by the Central Government to provide pensions to the marginal and small farmers in their old age. Farmers who are above 60 years of age will get Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana’s benefits, that is, Rs. 3000 monthly pensions so that they will be able to afford their living at the age when they are unable to work.
In this article, we will be discussing PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana in detail. We will provide complete information about this scheme along with its benefits, objective, eligibility, the online application process, and all the important information. So, stick to this article till the end to get all the information in one place.
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana 2021
It was started in May 2019, and it is also called Kisan Pension Yojana. Under this plan, more than 5 crore farmers will get the benefits by the year 2022. Small and marginal farmers and farmers with 2 hectares or less arable land can enjoy its benefits. People between the age of 18 to 40 years can apply for Pradhan Mantri Maandhan Yojana, and after the age of 60 years, they will get Rs. 3000 per month under this pension Yojana.
Also, if the beneficiary dies because of any factor, the beneficiary’s wife will be provided Rs. 1500 per month. It is under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana Plan Details
To avail the benefits of the Kisan Pension Scheme, the beneficiaries have to pay a monthly premium. For those who are 18 years old, when they apply, they have to pay Rs. 55 premium while the ones who are 40 years old have to pay Rs. 200 monthly premium. Only if they pay the premiums will only receive the pension after reaching 60 years of age. Also, they need an Aadhaar linked bank account, and the pension amount is directly transferred into the beneficiary account.
Note– The monthly premium that you have to pay depends on the age when you apply for this scheme.
PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana – Objective and Benefits
The main focus is on providing financial assistance to the poor farmers by providing them with a pension of Rs. 3000 after the age of 60 years. It will give landless farmers empowerment and will make farmers self-sufficient in their old age. This will help secure the future of small and marginal farmers and provide them with social security.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana Eligibility
- Only small and marginal farmers and those who own up to 2 hectares of arable land can apply for this scheme.
- Age eligibility is between 18-40 years.
- Here is the list of candidates who won’t be eligible for this scheme.
- Anyone who is associated with any other such schemes like the National Pension Scheme, Employee Fund Organisation Scheme, Employee State Insurance Corporation Scheme.
- Farmers who are selected under Pradhan Mantri Vayu Vandan Yojana and Pradhanmantri Shram Yogi Yog Yojana.
- Former/current constitutional land/ post holders.
- Former/current member of Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha/State Assembly/Legislative Council.
- Former/current ministers and government employees.
- Anyone who had paid income tax in the previous assessment year.
- Anyone who is registered with professional bodies is practising his profession as a lawyer, engineer, doctor, architect, and CA.
How to Apply for Pradhanmantri Maandhan Yojana Online?
1. You have to visit the official website for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana, and on the homepage, you have to select the login button.
Link – https://pmkmy.gov.in/
2. For completing your login, you have to provide your phone number and other details like name and address and then have to pass a captcha test.
3. With your given mobile number, you have to complete the OTP verification.
4. After OTP verification is done, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana application form will appear on your screen, and you have to fill it correctly and attach the required documents.
5. After completing everything, you have to hit on the submit button and take a printout for future reference.
This was the online process. It can also be done offline by visiting your nearest Common Service Centre (CSC).
- Aadhar card
- Identity proof
- Income certificate
- Age proof
- Aadhar linked bank account
- Land ownership papers
- Mobile number
- Passport size photographs
For more details, you can call on the helpline number provided below. We have also provided an email address where you can write your query and seek help from the officials.
Helpline number: 1800-3000-3468
I hope you found this article about Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana helpful. You can also comment your queries below.