PMMVY | Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
This is a maternity benefit program that was started by the honorable Prime Minister- Shri Narendra Modi, to help all the women of the country during their pregnancy. This scheme was launched in 2017, and it provides Rs. 5000 financial assistance to the women for giving birth to their first surviving child.
In this article, we will be discussing everything regarding this scheme in detail. We will provide you with its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria for applying for this Yojana, and also the online and offline application process. So read the full article carefully.
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana 2021
Undernutrition is one of the major problems among women in India. Out of every three women, one suffers from undernourishment, and out of every two women, one is affected by anaemia. These figures are horrifying. As a result of the mother’s undernourishment, the child also suffers from low birth weight and other nutrition deficiency problems throughout their life. It is seen that in many cases, due to economic instability and social distress, many women could not afford proper care during their pregnancy and keep on working to earn a living even near the final dates of delivery.
Also, after childbirth, they do not take proper rest and start working again soon. This doesn’t allow the mother to recover completely and also prevents proper breastfeeding that needs to be provided to the young infant. Keeping all these factors in mind, the Government of India launched Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
The scheme provides incentives and cash compensation to Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers so that during the time of pregnancy, they can take sufficient rest and get proper medical facilities. It is contributing towards good health amongst them.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- This scheme will be beneficial to the working-class pregnant women and those who are devoid of proper pregnancy health.
- Cash assistance of Rs 5000 is provided in 3 different instalments.
- The scheme will ensure that the woman gets all the necessary help before, at the time of delivery, and after childbirth.
- It will also help reduce the infant and mother mortality rate
- Money is directly transferred to the women’s bank account to provide timely support.
Three Different Installments
A total amount of Rs 5000 is provided under this scheme. The first installment is Rs 1000, which is given at the time of registration with the Anganwadi Centre/ Health Centre. The second installment is of Rs 2000, and it is provided after six months of pregnancy after the laboratory check-up. The third and the last installment is also of Rs 2000, which is provided after the child’s birth when the birth registration and the immunization against OPV, BCG, DPT, Hepatitis-B are completed.
Note: Eligible candidates also receive the incentive given under Janani Suraksha Yojana, which ultimately makes the total maternity benefit of Rs 6000 given to the pregnant women.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana- Apply Online
For applying online for this scheme, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. First, go to the official website, and when the homepage of the website opens on your screen, you will get the login form.
2. You have to fill that form and complete the captcha test to do your login.
3. After the login process is completed, you will get the option to apply online and access the application form for Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
4. You have to fill the form, attach the documents asked, and finally hit the submit button after checking everything.
5. This way, you can apply for this scheme online.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana- Apply Offline
Here is the offline process for those who want to apply for this scheme offline.
- Three forms, namely Form 1A, Form 1B, and Form 1C, need to be filled on time. The form can be collected from any nearby Anganwadi Kendra/Health Centre.
- You can get your form. You have to fill it with all the details asked and provide the documents needed and submit it.
- For claiming the first installment amount, you will need Form 1A, Mother and Child Protection Card (MCP Card), Aadhar proof, ID proof, bank details, etc.
- Second installment claims can be made after the six months of pregnancy with the help of MCP Card, Form 1B, and at least one Ante-Natal Check-Up (ANC) must have been done and must be reflected in the MCP card.
- Third installment claims can be made by providing Form 1-lC, childbirth registration copy, and the MCP card showing the completion of the first immunization cycle.
Eligibility-Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers can only take advantage of this scheme at the time of the first childbirth (one time only).
- Women with government jobs are not considered eligible to take advantage of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
- Only women who are above 19 years of age can apply for the scheme.
- The scheme benefit amount needs to be claimed within a period of 180 days from the date of pregnancy.
- At least one ANC must be done before claiming the second installment.
- The first cycle of immunization has to be completed before claiming the third installment.
- The beneficiary needs to have a post office account or a bank account. The money cannot be given in cash or cheque.
- Infant Mortality Case: The scheme benefit is only provided for one time. So, if all three installments had been claimed already then, the benefits cannot be retaken in the future.
Some of the documents that you will need while applying for Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana are mentioned below.
- Parent’s Aadhar card.
- Identity proof.
- Childbirth certificate.
- Mother age proof.
- Bank details
- Copy of MCP Card etc.
We tried to make everything as clear as possible in this article. If you still face any kind of problem while applying for this scheme or need any kind of help from the officials, you can contact them on the helpline number provided below.
Helpline number: 7998 799 804
I hope this article on Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana was helpful to you.