PMSBY | Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
There are many poor people in the country who are deprived of getting any kind of insurance because of their financial background. Also, there are many people who are not capable of paying premiums to insurance companies. In many circumstances, when someone in a family dies in any kind of accident or suffers permanent damage, the whole family suffers from a financial crisis. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana was introduced to provide help to those with accident insurance who lose their lives/suffer damage in accidents. The amount is provided to the family or the nominee after a person meets any such misfortunate event.
This article will discuss Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana in detail and provide all the necessary information related to this scheme.
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana 2021
The financial minister Arun Jaitley announced this scheme, and Prime Minister – Narendra Modi officially launched it in May 2015. This scheme was introduced to provide accident insurance to the country’s poor people where a person only needs to pay Rs.12 premium annually to avail Suraksha Bima Yojana.
If a person dies or suffers permanent damage in an accident, then, under Suraksha Bima Yojana, up to Rs.200,000 is provided to his family. In the case of temporary handicapped, up to Rs.100,000 security insurance is given to his family. Anyone till the age of 70 can apply and take the benefits of this scheme.
Benefits of Suraksha Bima Yojana
- The people can avail the benefits of each category, but the economically backward community is the primary focus of this scheme.
- Only a premium of Rs. 12 has to be paid annually, so even the ‘poorest of the poor’ can afford this accident insurance plan.
- If the policyholder suffers an accident, Rs.100,000 to Rs.200,000 security insurance is provided to his family or the nominee as per the Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- The scheme is renewed every year, and PMSBY focuses on reaching all the rural areas of the country.
- Only a permanent resident of India can apply for Pradhanmantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- The age of the applicant must be in between 18 to 70 years.
- Having an active savings bank account is a must for anyone who is applying for this scheme.
- The premiums are deducted every year on 31st May, and the insurance won’t be renewed if it is not deposited.
- If the premium is not deposited then, Suraksha Bima Yojana will be terminated. The same applies to the closure of the bank account.
How can someone apply for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
It can be done both offline and online. For offline mode, you can visit the branch of any of the banks and can avail of this scheme, and below, we have provided the steps for Pradhanmantri Suraksha Bima Yojana online application.
1. Visit the official website and go to the Forms option available on the homepage.
2. Then you have to go to Prime Minister’s Security Insurance.
3. Then, the PDF of the Pradhanmantri Suraksha Bima Yojana form can be downloaded by clicking on Download the Application Form PDF.
4. Then, you can fill the form, attach all the documents needed and then submit it to any nearby bank.
Here is the list of the essential documents that you will be required while applying for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Identity proof
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
- Income proof
- Age proof
- Phone number
- Passport size pictures
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana List
Here are the steps you can follow to view all the beneficiaries’ list under this scheme.
- You have to visit the official website, and when the homepage opens on your screen, you have to go to the link for the beneficiary list.
- After that, you need to choose your district, then your block, and you will be able to view the entire list on your screen.
We tried to make everything clear and provide all the essential details in this article. But while applying for this scheme, if you face any issues or inquire anything regarding Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, here is the toll-free number you can use to contact the officials and get the required help.
Helpline Number: 1800 110 001
Here ends our article. I hope it was helpful to you.