Pragati Scholarship 2021 | Pragati Scholarship Login | AICTE Pragati Scholarship
Still, in India, many students are incapable of getting a proper education just because of poor financial support. Primary education is the right of every citizen. The government has taken many steps to ensure that every child in India gets the chance to go to school and colleges and get sufficient education.
There is still a long way to go to achieve this completely, but the country is slowly heading towards it. The government has launched many scholarship programs to help financially weak students who cannot pay their course fees, and Pragati Scholarship is one such initiative by the AICTE.
In this article, we will be discussing the Pragati scholarship in more detail. We will describe the whole scholarship program, the eligibility criteria, the process of applying for the Pragati scholarship, and other important information regarding it. So, go through the entire article carefully.
Table of Contents
It is launched by AICTE to provide scholarships to the girl students of the country in their education. Still, there is a lot of gender inequality, and many ‘not so financially strong’ families do not believe in spending much on the girls’ education. As a result of this, many girls have to leave their studies and are deprived of completing their education.
In recent times, when we are talking a lot about women empowerment and equal rights, it becomes necessary to avoid any such hindrance in the education process and the development of girl students in the country. So Pragati Scholarship is an excellent program that provides different types of incentives, helping many students from low-income families.
These incentives include up to Rs. 30000 as tuition fees, which can be used to purchase books, desktops, laptops, equipment, covering vehicle costs, and paying competitive exam application form fees. Also, a monthly incidental charge of Rs.2000 is provided for 10 months every year.
Eligibility Criteria for Pragati Scholarship
Anyone willing to take advantage of this scholarship, the candidate needs to meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The most important point is, this scholarship program is only for girls. So only girls can apply for it.
- Only two girls from one family can apply.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs.8 lakh, and the selection process is merit-based, considering qualifying exam scores.
- The student has to get admitted in any diploma course or degree course (1st year) by passing through the central or state government’s centralised admission process in any institution approved by AICTE before applying.
- Keep one thing in mind that only the first-year students can apply, and the candidates taking admission through management quota can’t apply for it.
- If the candidate is benefitting from any other Government scholarship, he won’t be considered eligible for the Pragati scholarship.
- The candidate must have his bank account as the fund is transferred directly into his account.
In Pragati Scholarship, there is a reserve percentage of total scholarship for SC/ST and OBC. Here is the reserve percentage:
How to apply for Pragati Scholarship online?
Here are the steps that you can follow to fill the online form for the Pragati scholarship.
1.Visit the official website, and you will find an option called “Register Here” on the homepage.
2.Select that and then provide the details asked and finally hit on the register button.
3.Then an email will be sent to the email address provided by you. Click the link provided in the mail for confirming registration and use the Direct Link to login.
4.Then provide the personal details under the “Personal Details” tab and then “Family and Income Details.”
5.Then, it will ask for the Institute details under the “Institute Details” tab and then “Education Details” and “Bank Details.”
6.Attach all the documents needed and then click on the submit button. Your registration will be done.
Here is the list of the documents that you will be required for applying for the Pragati Scholarship.
- Class 10 and 12(or any other above) mark sheet.
- Income certificate.
- Admission letter to confirm admission in any degree/diploma course.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- Certificate provided by the Principal, Director, and the Head of the Institute.
- Bank details of the candidate.
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC.
- Aadhar card.
How to login to the Pragati Scholarship portal?
- Visit the official website.
- When the homepage appears on the screen, use the Candidate ID/Email ID and the password for login.
How to check the merit list for Pragati Scholarship?
- There is an option called “Scholarship Merit List” on the homepage of the official website of Pragati scholarship.
- When you select that option, the merit list gets opened, and you can also download it.
How to do application renewal?
Candidates of 2nd/3rd/4th year have to do the application renewal. Here are the steps for application renewal.
- Go to the official Pragati scholarship portal and do the login. We have already discussed how you can log in.
- Then, select the link for the renewal application, and the application form will be opened in front of you.
- Enter the required information and upload documents, and then submit the form.
- Also, remember to take a printout of it for future use.
In case you face any problem or have any query, you can seek help by calling on the helpline number or writing an email at the below-provided email address.
Helpline Number: 2958 1000
I hope you found this helpful.