With every day passing, the prices of all the things around us are increasing. Because of this, many workers and poor people find it hard to earn their livelihood. Considering this increment in the financial crisis, Samajik Suraksha Yojana was introduced by the West Bengal Government in 2017 to help such people who are working in the unorganised sector.
In this article, we will be discussing Samajik Suraksha Yojana in detail, and we’ll discuss all the important factors related to it, like its benefits, eligibility criteria, online registration process, etc. So, if you are someone from the state of West Bengal, this article is going to be very important for you. Read the article till the end to get all the information in one place.
Table of Contents
- Samajik Suraksha Yojana (SSY)
- Samajik Suraksha Yojana Benefits
- Different Schemes Under SSY
- Samajik Suraksha Yojana Eligibility
- How to apply online for Samajik Suraksha Yojana?
- How to apply for Samajik Suraksha Yojana Offline?
Samajik Suraksha Yojana (SSY)
The main objective behind this scheme is providing social security to the workers engaged in unorganised sectors. Under this Yojana, there are five different schemes that aim at bringing reform in the unorganised sector in West Bengal.
It is under the Department of Labour. This scheme ensures that the workers engaged in the unorganised sector get all the fundamental rights. It also provides medical care and financial aid for the disabled, old age people at the time of childbirth. It will help poor people in achieving financial stability.
Samajik Suraksha Yojana Benefits
- Under the scheme, the Provident Fund is provided to all the people who are working in the unorganised sectors to provide them with financial stability.
- All the beneficiaries under this scheme also get financial help for the education of their children. Support is given for different training and skill development programs.
- Medical help is also provided to those who are registered with the scheme by the Labour Department.
Different Schemes Under SSY
There are five different schemes which are there for the complete eradication of various problems that are faced by the people who are working in the unorganised sector.
1. Jai Johar scheme
This scheme is for the people belonging to the Adivasi community and the Scheduled Tribes. More than 4 lakh people of West Bengal will be provided pensions under this scheme. Beneficiaries who are above the age of 60 years will be given Rs. 1000 monthly pension. An amount of 500 crores is allotted by the West Bengal government for this scheme for the financial year 2020-21.
2. Bandhu scheme
This scheme is specifically for the people belonging to the scheduled caste. Citizens who are above 60 years of age can avail of the benefit of this scheme, which is a Rs. 1000 pension monthly. For this scheme, the government provided 2500 crores.
3. Chaa Sundari
Keeping in mind that above 3 lakh tea gardeners reside in the state of West Bengal, this scheme has been introduced to help them. The government provides these gardeners 1 Kg rice only for Rs. 2. Apart from this, they are also given free electricity, financial assistance, and for their children, mid-day meals and similar benefits are provided too. 500 crores have been allocated for this scheme for the financial year 2020-21.
4. Hasir Alo
Under this scheme, the government will supply electricity at a much lower rate to the beneficiaries. There is a Lifeline Consumer Scheme where free electricity is given to those who cannot even afford to pay reduced rates. But there’s a condition for totally free electricity supply that is, the quarterly electricity consumption should not exceed 75 units.
5. Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana
This scheme is for the people who are working in unorganised sectors such as building construction, transportation, etc. The scheme provides them with medical facilities and financial help for children’s education. Also, in case of accidental death or disability, compensation is paid.
This also includes the Provident Fund Scheme, where the beneficiaries have to deposit Rs. 25 monthly, and the government will contribute Rs. 30 monthly, which can be withdrawn, inclusive of interests, when the beneficiary crosses 60 years of age or after his death.
The scheme has been recently updated, and now the government is depositing both the amount, i.e., Rs. 25 and Rs. 30. The revised scheme is already operational from March 20, 2020. Rs. 500 Crores budget has been provided for this scheme, and over more than 1.5 crore families will get benefits under this scheme.
Samajik Suraksha Yojana Eligibility
- Only the citizens of West Bengal engaged in the unorganised sector can take advantage of these schemes.
- Workers engaged in construction and building works, Brick Kiln, breaking stones, crushing, and registered with West Bengal Transport Workers Social Security Scheme (2010) are eligible.
- The age limit is between 18 to 60 years.
- ● Those workers registered with the Provident Fund Scheme have to submit Form-1 to get the benefits.
- The monthly income of the applicant’s family should not exceed Rs. 6500, but for the workers working in the transportation and the construction sector, the upper limit is yet not declared by the government.
How to apply online for Samajik Suraksha Yojana?
1. First of all, you have to go to the West Bengal Labour Department official website by clicking the link provided below.
2. You will find an option called Quick Application on the homepage. Select that.
3. On the next page, the Samajik Suraksha Yojana application form will be opened.
4. You have to provide details like registration number, father name, and date of birth and hit the submit button.
5. Attach documents that are asked for.
6. Then click on the continue button.
7. Then, you have to provide Nominee details and upload the required documents.
8. In the next step, you have to fill an Additional Affirmation Page with ESI/PF and provide bank details, income details, and employee type.
8. Finally, you have to click on the submit icon to complete your submission, and an acknowledgement will appear on your screen after you do it successfully.
How to apply for Samajik Suraksha Yojana Offline?
You can collect the application form from any Municipal Corporation or Labour Commissionerate and submit it to the respective officer after filling it up correctly and attaching documents.
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Worker identity card
- Dependency passbook
- Bank details
How to track application status?
You have to visit the website of State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG) and enter your unique application ID to check the status of your application.
How to track your claim?
- Go to the website of the Labour Department of West Bengal and click on the track claim option.
- Provide the details asked and did the OTP verification.
- After this, you can check your claim status.
Here ends this article about Samajik Suraksha Yojana. It’s a great initiative by the WB Government.
I hope you found it helpful. Comment your queries below.