TNPDS | Smart Card Status | Smart Ration Card Status | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Form | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Apply Online
Public distribution systems aim to ensure that the civil supplies reach the consumer. Each state has a committee for managing the domestic supply chain. It will make the mandatory product available for all. The system is for eliminating the persistent appetency of poor people of the state.
Table of Contents
TNPDS is the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. It protects the consumer rights of the people of the state. Each district of the state has separate PDS offices. The state office located at Chennai will control all the district operations.
- Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department
- Registry of Cooperative Societies
- Civil Supplies (C.ID)
- Food Corporation of India
Objectives of TNPDS
- To ensure the supply of essential commodities to all at a nominal price.
- To help people in managing the rise in the price of domestic products.
- To make commodities available in fair, accessible, and at a nominal price.
- Ensure the supply of domestic fuels at a reasonable price
- Supplying the necessary commodity to all places at regular intervals
Factors Followed for Effective Implementation of PDS
- Preparing route charts and briefs for ensuring the timely traffic of commodities
- Avoiding outflows by enforcing tight security and judicial rules
- Using E-governance for smart movement of provisions
- Establishing part-time shops in remote villages
How to Make Use of the Service?
You can make use of the public distribution service with the family card. The official website of TNPDS can guide you in obtaining a ration card. The service is also available in Android and iOS applications. You can change the credentials of your card with the website. The TNPDS website can also give information about the status of your card.
Official Website: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/
Android Download Link: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/apk/production/PUBLIC_APP.apk
Who is Eligible for Applying for TNPDS Ration Card?
TNPDS will require some eligibility for acquiring a Smart card. It is as explained below.
- The Head and other members of the family should be from India.
- The family should be residing alone.
- Only residents of Tamil Nadu can apply for this card.
- No family member should have a family card anywhere in India
The Head of the family should be in close relationship with other members.
Documents Required for Applying for Smart Card
Several documents are essential for applying TNPDS. Prior collection of these documents are essential. Here we go with the list of paperwork required for applying.
Residential proof of the applicants is a necessary document for smart card applications. The following documents can be useful as proof of residence.
- Election Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Active Bank Pass Book
- Tenancy Agreement
Documents needed when Members has Ration Card in Previous Address,
- Surrender certificate of the ration card in the previous address
- Name deletion certificate from the parent’s family card
- No card certificate
Credentials of LPG connection, if available
Mobile number and email address of the applicant
Postal cover with self-address
How to Register for TNPDS Card?
You can obtain a family card from TNPDS. This card can be useful in obtaining commodities from Fair price shops. You can apply for this card through the official website. Let us discuss the steps required for acquiring a smart card.
Step 1: Access the official website of TNPDS.
Step 2: Select the “Smart card application” option available on the home page.
Step 3: Fill in the details of the family head and family members.
Step 4: Give information about the complete address of the family.
Step 5: Upload the recent photograph of the family head.
Step 6: Enter a valid mobile number. This number will be useful for future communications.
Step 7: Choose the type of card you want to apply.
Step 8: Upload residential proof and fill in the details of the available connection.
Step 9: Check the correctness of the data you enter and confirm your submission.
Offline Application Process for TNPDS Ration Card
If you are not able to apply online, then you can get your card by visiting a ration shop. Here are the steps for the offline application process that you need to follow:
- You can get the application form for your ration card by visiting the respective ration shop in your area.
- Then you have to fill that form with correct details and attach important documents that are required with the form.
- Then you can submit this form to the concerned department.
- You will get a reference number that you can use for future references.
How to add a New Member?
- Visit the official website and on the homepage, go to the Add Member option.
- Then you will be directed to a new page where you have to provide your registered mobile number and do the captcha verification.
- Then hit the login button and a new application form will appear on your device screen.
- After that, fill in all the details asked in that form and then upload the required documents.
- Once you are done with everything, hit the submit button.
How to Remove Family Member?
- On the homepage of the official website, you will find an option called remove the family member.
- You have to choose that option and do the login.
- A form will appear on your screen where you have to enter your details and upload documents.
- Finally, hit the submit button.
How to change the Family Head?
- Go to the official website and when the homepage opens on your device, select change the head of the family option.
- Then complete the login process.
- After that, provide the required details and documents and hit the submit button.
Types of Family Cards Available
TNPDS is providing different types of ration cards. It is based on the economical status of the family. Here are the types of smart cards available.
PHH – Priority House Hold
People categorized as high priority are based on their economical status. These cardholders can avail of all the commodities available in the fair price shop. Totally 76,99,940 PHH card holders are available in Tamil Nadu.
PHAA cardholder can obtain 35 kilograms of rice from ration shops. They are eligible for buying all other commodities available in the shop. 18,64,600 families are using this card.
NPHH- Non-Priority House Hold
This card is issued for Non-priority citizens. They can procure all items available in the ration shop. Around 90,08,842 peoples are holding this type of card.
NPHH-S Non-Priority House Hold Sugar
NPHH-S cardholders can buy only sugar from the ration shop. 10,01,605 families are having this type of card.
NPHH-NC Non-Priority House Hold No Commodity
This category of the card can only be useful as proof of identity. You will not be able to buy anything with this card.
Smart Card Services
The official site of TNPDS will also allow the user to correct the smart card details. You can Add member, change address, change the family head, and members using the web portal. The office site will also allow us to take a copy of your Smart card and check smart card status.
How to Check Your Smart Card Status?
- You can monitor the progress of your Smart card application. The official website of TNPDS itself will help you in this regard.
- The applicant will be receiving a reference number for your family card registration.
- They have to input that number to review the application status.
- For further assistance, you can use the help desk.
The TNPDS website itself will assist you with smart card issues. You can use the toll-free help line for raising your queries in person. SMS service is available for family card users. You can check information about your shop through the message.
You can obtain information about the availability of a commodity, the status of the fair price shop. You can even file complaints related to billing issues through the SMS service.
How to file a complaint?
If you want to lodge any complaint related to TNPDS, follow the procedure given below.
- On the homepage, go to the click here to register a complaint option.
- Then it will ask you for your name, mobile number, email and description of the complaint.
- After filling in these details, hit the submit button.
- You will be given a complaint registration number that you will need for future references.
How to view Complaint Status?
- Select the click here to register a complaint option that you will get on the homepage of the official website.
- Then you have to go to the complaint status option.
- A new window will appear on your screen where by using your complaint registration number, you can check your complaint status.
How to change address TNPDS?
- Select the Change Address option available on the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System.
- Now, you have to complete the login process and update the details and provide the required documents.
- Finally, hit the submit button.
The application process for TNPDS Duplicate Electronic Family Card
- On the homepage of the TNPDS official portal, you have to go to the apply for duplicate electronic family card option.
- You have to do the login and then a new form will appear on your screen.
- Enter the details, upload the documents and finally hit the submit button.
How to change Card Type?
- Go to the official website and when the homepage opens on your screen, select click here to change the card type link.
- Then, you have to provide your registered mobile number for OTP verification and then complete the captcha verification.
- A new form will appear on your screen for changing your card type.
- Provide the required details and the documents and click on the submit button.
TNPDS Departmental Login Process
- On the homepage of the official website, select the department login option.
- Then a new page will be opened on your screen where you need to provide your username and the password.
- After that, click the login button.
- On the official website, you have to go to find out the service level related to the card option.
- Then you have to login andthe required details will appear on your screen.
Application Form Authorisation Certificate Download
- On the homepage of the official website, you have to click on the link for certificate of authorisation.
- Then you will be taken to a new page where you will get the PDF file of the authorisation form application.
- Hit the download button to download it.
How to give your feedback?
- You have to visit the TNPDS department official website.
- On the homepage, go to the click here to register a complaint option.
- Then select the comment option.
- A new page will get opened on your device screen where you will be asked for your mobile number, name, email id and comment.
- Write your feedback/comment and submit it.
How to do User Entry for TNPDS?
- On the homepage of the official website, you have to select the user entry option.
- It will take you to a new page where you are required to fill in your registered mobile number and the captcha code that is shown on your screen.
- Then you will receive an OTP on the number that you have provided.
- Enter that OTP and hit the submit button.
- This was the process for doing user entry.
How to check Public Distribution Project Report?
- Select the Public Distribution Project Report option from the homepage of the official website.
- Then you have to choose your district and select the ‘details of items’ link that is present opposite to your taluka.
- Necessary details will be displayed on your device screen.
In this article, we try to cover every important detail related to Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. But in case you face any kind of issues while applying for the ration card or have any other query related to TNPDS, you can seek help through the helpline number and the email address that is provided below.
Email- [email protected]
TNPDS helpline number: 1800-425-5901/ 1967 This was all about TNPDS. Hope you found this article helpful.