TNPDS | Smart Card Status | Smart Ration Card Status | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Form | TNPDS Smart Ration Card Apply Online
Public distribution systems aim to ensure that the civil supplies reach the consumer. Each state has a committee for managing the domestic supply chain. It will make the mandatory product available for all. The system is for eliminating the persistent appetency of poor people of the state.
Table of Contents
- About TNPDS
- Objectives of TNPDS
- Who is Eligible for Applying for TNPDS Ration Card?
- Documents Required for Applying for Smart Card
- How to Register for TNPDS Card?
- Types of Family Cards Available
- Smart Card Services
- How to Check Your Smart Card Status?
TNPDS is the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. It protects the consumer rights of the people of the state. Each district of the state has separate PDS offices. The state office located at Chennai will control all the district operations.
- Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department
- Registry of Cooperative Societies
- Civil Supplies (C.ID)
- Food Corporation of India
Objectives of TNPDS
- To ensure the supply of essential commodities to all at a nominal price.
- To help people in managing the rise in the price of domestic products.
- To make commodities available in fair, accessible, and at a nominal price.
- Ensure the supply of domestic fuels at a reasonable price
- Supplying the necessary commodity to all places at regular intervals
Factors Followed for Effective Implementation of PDS
- Preparing route charts and briefs for ensuring the timely traffic of commodities
- Avoiding outflows by enforcing tight security and judicial rules
- Using E-governance for smart movement of provisions
- Establishing part-time shops in remote villages
How to Make Use of the Service?
You can make use of the public distribution service with the family card. The official website of TNPDS can guide you in obtaining a ration card. The service is also available in Android and iOS applications. You can change the credentials of your card with the website. The TNPDS website can also give information about the status of your card.
Official Website: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/
Android Download Link: https://www.tnpds.gov.in/apk/production/PUBLIC_APP.apk
Who is Eligible for Applying for TNPDS Ration Card?
TNPDS will require some eligibility for acquiring a Smart card. It is as explained below.
- The Head and other members of the family should be from India.
- The family should be residing alone.
- Only residents of Tamil Nadu can apply for this card.
- No family member should have a family card anywhere in India
The Head of the family should be in close relationship with other members.
Documents Required for Applying for Smart Card
Several documents are essential for applying TNPDS. Prior collection of these documents are essential. Here we go with the list of paperwork required for applying.
Residential proof of the applicants is a necessary document for smart card applications. The following documents can be useful as proof of residence.
- Election Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Active Bank Pass Book
- Tenancy Agreement
Documents needed when Members has Ration Card in Previous Address,
- Surrender certificate of the ration card in the previous address
- Name deletion certificate from the parent’s family card
- No card certificate
Credentials of LPG connection, if available
Mobile number and email address of the applicant
Postal cover with self-address
How to Register for TNPDS Card?
You can obtain a family card from TNPDS. This card can be useful in obtaining commodities from Fair price shops. You can apply for this card through the official website. Let us discuss the steps required for acquiring a smart card.
Step 1: Access the official website of TNPDS.
Step 2: Select the “Smart card application” option available on the home page.
Step 3: Fill in the details of the family head and family members.
Step 4: Give information about the complete address of the family.
Step 5: Upload the recent photograph of the family head.
Step 6: Enter a valid mobile number. This number will be useful for future communications.
Step 7: Choose the type of card you want to apply.
Step 8: Upload residential proof and fill in the details of the available connection.
Step 9: Check the correctness of the data you enter and confirm your submission.
Types of Family Cards Available
TNPDS is providing different types of ration cards. It is based on the economical status of the family. Here are the types of smart cards available.
PHH – Priority House Hold
People categorized as high priority are based on their economical status. These cardholders can avail of all the commodities available in the fair price shop. Totally 76,99,940 PHH card holders are available in Tamil Nadu.
PHAA cardholder can obtain 35 kilograms of rice from ration shops. They are eligible for buying all other commodities available in the shop. 18,64,600 families are using this card.
NPHH- Non-Priority House Hold
This card is issued for Non-priority citizens. They can procure all items available in the ration shop. Around 90,08,842 peoples are holding this type of card.
NPHH-S Non-Priority House Hold Sugar
NPHH-S cardholders can buy only sugar from the ration shop. 10,01,605 families are having this type of card.
NPHH-NC Non-Priority House Hold No Commodity
This category of the card can only be useful as proof of identity. You will not be able to buy anything with this card.
Smart Card Services
The official site of TNPDS will also allow the user to correct the smart card details. You can Add member, change address, change the family head, and members using the web portal. The office site will also allow us to take a copy of your Smart card and check smart card status.
How to Check Your Smart Card Status?
- You can monitor the progress of your Smart card application. The official website of TNPDS itself will help you in this regard.
- The applicant will be receiving a reference number for your family card registration.
- They have to input that number to review the application status.
- For further assistance, you can use the help desk.
The TNPDS website itself will assist you with smart card issues. You can use the toll-free help-line for raising your queries in person. SMS service is available for the family card users. You can check information about your shop through the message.
You can obtain information about the availability of a commodity, the status of the fair price shop. You can even file complaints related to billing issues through the SMS service.