Widow Pension Scheme or Vidhwa Pension Yojana has been started in all the states of India to provide financial help to the states’ poor widowed women. It will help such needy women to live comfortably and be able to support themselves financially. However, Vidhva Pension Yojana’s benefits are given to those applicants who fall in the BPL (Below Poverty Line) category or as per the rules decided by the respective state government.
The Central Government has launched this pension scheme for all states, and we will discuss them in detail in this article. So stick to the end of this article to know all the essential details like the benefits, the pension details, eligibility criteria, the online application process, etc., related to this scheme.
Table of Contents
State Wise Vidhwa Pension Yojana Scheme
Under Maharashtra Vidhwa Pension Yojana, the government gives a pension of Rs.600 monthly to the widowed women of the state. The pension amount becomes Rs.900 if the number of children is more than one. Also, the family income should not be more than Rs.21000 annually. It is provided to the women in the age group 18 to 65 years.
The UP Central Government provides Rs.300 pension to widowed women. The Central Government assists the UP government in providing this pension. This Pension Fund is provided to meet the basic amenities of life.
Rs.500 monthly pension is given under Rajasthan Vidhwa Pension Scheme to women up to 55 years of age. For the women in the 55 to 60 years age group, the amount is Rs.750, and for the 60-75 age group, the amount is Rs.1000. For 75+, the pension amount is Rs.1500 per month. The annual income should be less or equal to Rs.48000.
Under Vidhwa Pension Bihar, any widow who got married after the age of 18 years and is not more than 60 years of age will be provided Rs.500 monthly pension by the Bihar Government. Vidhwa Pension Bihar is taken care of by the Social Welfare Department of Bihar.
Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension
The Central Government has launched this under which Rs.300 monthly pension is given to the widows all over the country. The candidate applying for Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme has to be between 40 and 59 years of age. The benefit is only available for the women who fall under the BPL category.
Vidhwa Pension Yojana-Benefits
- It will provide financial assistance and will help in making the widowed women self-dependent.
- It will help raise the living standards of such women.
- The pension is given without requiring any premiums to be paid for the scheme.
- The online process brings more transparency and ensures that the benefit is only provided to the deserving candidates.
- The pension amount is given directly into the beneficiary’s account, which again makes the process more transparent and efficient.
Vidhwa Pension Yojana Eligibility
- This scheme is only for widowed women.
- The age bar for this scheme is between 18 to 60 years. (It may vary state-wise).
- In the case of remarriage after the husband’s death, the pension benefits cannot be availed.
- If the children are unable to look after their mother or they are not adults, in that case, the women will be considered eligible for Pension Yojana.
- If the woman is not an adult, then she can’t get the pension benefits under this scheme.
- An Aadhaar linked bank account is essential for getting the pension amount transferred into the beneficiary’s account.
Vidhwa Pension Online Apply
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to apply for the vidhwa pension online.
1. You have to go to the official website for Vidhwa Pension Yojana as per your state.
2. You can get an option called Widow Pension on the homepage.
3. You have to select that, and on the next page, you have to select APPLY NOW.
4. Then, the form for Vidhwa Pension Yojana will be displayed on your screen, where you will first have to fill in the details and then upload the documents.
5. Complete everything, hit the submit button, and your Vidhwa Pension online registration will be completed.
Here are some of the documents you need to be available with while applying for the Vidhwa Pension Scheme.
- Aadhar card
- Husband death certificate
- Income certificate
- Age certificate
- Bank details
- Mobile number
- Recent photographs
How to check application status?
Follow these steps to check your application’s status after you have applied for the vidhwa pension scheme.
1. On the official website, you can find an option called ‘know the status of your application.’
2. Select that option, and then you have to enter your registration and account number along with the captcha code.
3. Finally, press the submit button, and this way, you can see the status.
The pension amount and the eligibility criteria can vary in different states. You have to make sure that you are landing on the right website according to your state for applying for Vidhwa Pension online.
Here ends our article. I hope you found this helpful. For more help, you can go to the ‘Contact Us’ section on the Widow Pension Yojana website to seek assistance from the officials.