West Bengal Health Scheme: Health is one of the very important aspects of life. Poor health can not only result in high medical bills but at the same time can reduce or completely end the economic productivity of an individual. The government keeps on introducing different kinds of welfare schemes for the citizens. While some schemes are open to all, there are also many specific schemes dedicated to a particular section of society. West Bengal Health Scheme is a health insurance scheme for a specific group of people.
In this article, we will be talking about West Bengal Health Scheme in detail and will cover its benefits, objective, eligibility, how to apply online, and all other important information related to it.
Table of Contents
- West Bengal Health Scheme 2022
- Objective of West Bengal Health Scheme
- Benefits of West Bengal Health Scheme
- Eligibility for West Bengal Health Scheme
- How to apply for the West Bengal Health Scheme?
- Disease/Treatments covered under West Bengal Health Scheme
West Bengal Health Scheme 2022
West Bengal Health Scheme is a state government health scheme that was first introduced in 2008. In 2014, it was reintroduced after merging schemes as West Bengal Health for All Employees and Pensioners Cashless Medical Treatment Scheme.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
It was launched by the West Bengal State Government and the Finance Department of West Bengal for the government employees and pensioners. Under this scheme, individuals get access to up to Rs. 1 lakh cashless medical treatment in any of the state hospitals or Health Care Organisations which are included in the WBHS list.
The scheme aims at providing financial security during times of medical emergencies. It enables people to manage their medical expenses and hospitalization costs. Beneficiaries can take advantage of this scheme at empanelled hospitals and healthcare centres across the state.
- The benefits of this scheme are available for government job employees and pensioners.
- Financial support is provided during times of medical emergencies.
- Up to Rs 100000 cashless treatment is provided to all the beneficiaries under WBHS at any of the empanelled hospitals. If the medical cost is more than this amount, the extra has to be managed by the beneficiary.
- Even if the treatment is not done in any of the empanelled hospitals, still a certain amount of treatment cost can be covered under this scheme.
- Even in cases of treatment done in hospitals of other states, certain treatment costs can be reimbursed at some specific hospitals that come under the empanelled hospital category.
- Treatment cost for certain OPD disease and follow up treatment cost is also covered under WBHS.
- All India Services Officers, Government employees, State Government employees and pensioners are eligible for applying for this scheme.
- Their family also gets the benefit of this scheme. Under this, parents, spouse, dependent children and dependent siblings are included.
- Apart from State Government employees, people who opted for WBHS under Medical Allowance are also eligible.
You can register yourself online under this scheme by following the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to the official portal of the West Bengal Health Scheme.
2. You will see the Online Enrollment option on the home page.
3. Click on that and then from the drop-down menu, select your category (Govt. employee/Govt. Pensioner/beneficiaries of grant-in-aid college/beneficiaries of grant-in-aid University).
4. It will take you to a new page where you will be asked the date when you joined the government job. Click YES and enter if you have your PRAN/GPF number else select NO. For college/University candidates, a PAN number is asked.
5. After that you have to provide details like your name, address, date of birth, employee number, mobile number, office details, etc.
6. After that you are required to upload some documents, photographs, and your signature.
7. After completing everything and rechecking the data, hit the submit button.
Below is the list of WBHS OPD treatments: –
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Endodontic treatment
- Malignant malaria
- Neurological disorders.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Liver diseases.
- Renal failure
- Diabetes (only insulin-dependent)
- Platelet disorders.
- Heart diseases.
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Animal bites.
- Accident injuries.
Below is the list of follow-up treatment costs covered under the West Bengal Health Scheme
- Cancel surgery
- Accident cases
- Cardiac surgery
- Renal transplant
- Knee/hip replacements
Treatments Not Covered
- Non-medical treatments
- Cosmetic surgeries
- All government hospitals, diagnostic centres, medical clinics.
- All hospitals and health centres under Municipal Corporations.
- Kolkata Islamia Hospital
- Marwari Relief Society Hospital.
- Ramkrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan.
- Sri Balram Seva Mandir
- Kalimpong Leprosy and Chartoris Hospital in Darjeeling.
- Dr M.N. Chatterjee Memorial Eye Hospital.
- J.N. Roy Sishu Seva Bhawan.
- Balananda Brahmachari Hospital.
- Institute of Child Birth.
We tried to provide you with all the necessary information related to the scheme. If you still have any doubts or queries, then you can contact the helpline number and the email address provided below to seek any kind of help.
Helpline number: 1800 1028 014/ 033 2254 4123
Email: [email protected]
Hope you found this article helpful.