Unemployment has always been an issue in the country, and during the covid pandemic, it increased significantly. Many people lost their job and suffered financial crises. Considering all these factors, the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) started Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana, a welfare scheme that provides financial aid when people are rendered unemployed.
In this article, we will be discussing Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana in detail and will mention all the benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, the online application process, including all other important details about this scheme. If you want to get all the information in one place on this topic, then read the article till the end.
Table of Contents
Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana 2021
Everyone who is working in the organised sector can avail the benefits of Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana when they lose their jobs. Under this scheme, Employees’ State Insurance Corporation will provide monetary help to such people for a maximum of two years after being unemployed. The amount of help provided depends on the salary of the beneficiary. The money is directly transferred to the Employees’ bank account.
After the covid period, the scheme duration was extended to June 30, 2021, and those people who lost employment because of covid situations are given relaxation from various terms and conditions. Initially, 25% of the candidate’s salary was provided as help after losing the job, but currently, it has been made 50%. Also, in the new update, the amount is directly put into the employee’s bank account, which was earlier transferred into the employer’s account. Also, before the corona pandemic, it took 90 days to deliver the assistance but now the help is provided within the period of 30 days after being unemployed.
Objective – Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana
The main aim of this Yojana is to support those who in the organised sector lose the job due to any reason. The scheme provides financial assistance that provides financial stability till they find new employment. Also, this assistance will give the people some time not to compromise with the job in a hurry but find the best work according to their ability. After the corona thing, this was also very important. The scheme is expected to help around 35 lakh employees.
Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana Eligibility
- Only unemployed candidates can apply.
- The candidate must have worked under insurable employment for a period of at least two years.
- Only the candidate who has worked for a minimum of 78 days before getting unemployed can apply.
- Any person who is expelled from the work because of any company reasons, personal reasons, or wrong practices cannot take advantage of the scheme.
- Any person suffering any criminal case or losing their job due to any kind of legal action against them is also not eligible for this Yojana.
- Retired employees cannot take advantage of this Scheme.
- Anyone who has taken advantage of the scheme in the past cannot do the same again.
- Anyone leaving the job by his choice can also not avail the financial help under the scheme.
- Everyone working in the organised sector is considered eligible for this scheme.
- Anyone enjoying any other similar benefits under any other Yojana cannot take advantage of this Yojana.
- An Aadhaar linked bank account is mandatory.
How to apply for Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana?
1. You can go to the official website of atal beemit vyakti kalyan yojana and download the application form.
Link- www.esic.nic.in › abvky
2. Then fill the form, attach documents and go to any nearby ESIC branch and submit the form along with the notarized affidavit.
3. You can also do everything online. Just go to the official website where you will get all the details.
How to lodge a grievance?
1. On the official website, go to the service section and then select the link for Grievance Redressal.
2. Some guidelines will appear on your screen that you have to read and then hit the proceed button.
3. It will take you to a new page, and in the grievance section, select Lodge Public Grievance.
4. After that, complete the login process and provide the details asked.
5. After doing everything, hit the submit button.
Grievance Status Check
1. On the official website, go to the Grievance Redressal option under the service section and after reading the instructions, hit the proceed button.
2. The next page opens, where you have to select the view status option.
3. Finally, hit the submit button. Details will be shown on the screen.
We tried to provide you with all the necessary details. In case you still have some doubts or want to know something more about this scheme or need any kind of help, you can contact the toll-free number or the email address provided below to seek help from the officials.
Email: [email protected]
Helpline number: 1800 11 2526
I hope this article is helpful to you.