Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana | Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form Online Apply | Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online Apply 2021 | Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana List 2021 | PMUY
On May 1, 2016, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched with the objective of making LPG connections available to all BPL households across India. This scheme is taken care of by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, and its beneficiaries get Rs.1600 assistance for getting LPG connection and the government bears administrative costs of providing new connections. It also offers interest-free loans for the refilling of LPG cylinders and buying gas stoves.
Table of Contents
- Objective of PMUY
- Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online Apply
- How to Check Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana list 2021 online?
Objective of PMUY
LPG gas cylinders have become very common in Indian households. However, still, it is only accessible to the people residing in urban and semi-urban areas, and yet, a large section of people use fossil fuels, woods for cooking. According to a WHO report, the use of unclean fuels in India causes around 5,00,000 deaths, and the common diseases caused by them include lung cancer, obstructive pulmonary diseases, heart disease, stroke, etc. You won’t believe it, but an open fire in the house causes the same hazard like 400 cigarettes burnt in an hour!
So, the Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme has been started to provide cooking gas to all the households who are in the list of BPL category, and this will ensure a healthy cooking environment for women. It also makes the process of cooking easy and fast, and along with other benefits, it will also be a source of employment to the unemployed youth who can indulge in the supply chain.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The key benefits of this scheme are:
- More than eight crore BPL households will be covered under this scheme and will be provided LPG connections.
- An administrative cost of Rs.1600 will be provided per LPG connection by the government.
- This cost includes cylinder, booklet, safety hose, pressure regulator cost, etc.
- Interest-free loans for refilling cylinders.
- Interest-free loans for buying gas stoves.
- Any woman from a BPL family who has no reach to LPG connection can go to any of the LPG distributors and apply for a new connection under this scheme.
- While applying for a new connection by filling up the form, she will need to provide information like bank details, Aadhaar details, address, and in case the woman is without an Aadhaar number, UIDAI will help to issue her one.
- After that, the respective officials will check her details with the SECC-2011 database and after checking her BPL status, they register her details with the OMC web portal. After completing all the processes, OMC is responsible for issuing a new connection to the beneficiary.
- While the government provides the complete connection charges, OMC also gives an option for choosing an EMI system for covering refill and gas stove charges
- Currently, the scheme is covering more than 715 districts, and now the government has also expanded this to all the citizens of hill states of India and North Eastern States.
- This scheme has been allocated a budget of 800 crores and after the new amendment, instead of 5 crore families, now 8 crore families have become eligible for taking advantage of this scheme.
Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana Eligibility
Here is the list of criteria that you must meet to take advantage of the Ujjwala Yojana.
1.You should be an above 18 years old Indian citizen.
2.A woman belonging to a BPL household without an LPG connection.
Remember that this scheme is only for the women and the benefits are issued in the name of women of BPL households.
3.You should not be part of any other schemes which provide similar benefits.
4.You should have your name in any of the following categories:
- SECC-2011 list.
- SC/ST who are part of Pradhanmantri Aawas Yojana (PMAY).
- Forest dwellers.
- People are living in islands and river Islands.
- Most backward classes (MBC)
- Antyoday Anna Yojana.
- Tea and ex-tea garden tribes.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online Apply
Here are the steps you need to follow for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form online apply:
1.Go to the official websites of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and then download the application form.
You can also get the same application form by visiting your nearest LPG distributor.
2.After that, fill-up the form properly and provide all the required details and attach needed documents. After completing everything, please submit it to the LPG distributor office.
3.Your documents will be processed and verified, and if you are eligible, then you will be provided with the benefits of Pradhanmantri Ujjwala Yojana.
How to Check Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana list 2021 online?
Also if you are willing to check your name in the latest issued Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana list 2021, here are the steps that you need to follow.
1.First go to the official website and then you will find an option called ‘New List’ on the homepage
2.Select ‘New List’ and you can download the list and search for your name to check if you are on that list or not.
The helpline number is also there to help you with registration, inquiries, and LPG leakage complaints. You can contact them anytime to seek any kind of assistance.
Helpline numbers: 1906 /18002333555
Documents needed for applying for Ujjwala Yojana
Below is the list of all the documents that you will need for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana to apply for it.
- As only the women belonging to the BPL category can take advantage of this scheme, so you need to provide a BPL certificate.
- Voter ID/Aadhar card for identity proof.
- BPL Ration card.
- Aadhar number of every member in the family.
- Residence and caste certificate.
- Passport size picture.
- Any bank passbook or details of the Jan Dhan bank account.
What is Pradhanmantri LPG Panchayat?
It is a kind of meeting which is conducted between the beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme and the Pradhan Mantri himself. It helps all the beneficiaries to discuss their concerns directly with the Prime Minister and provide feedback about the services provided under this scheme. The government says that the objective of these meetings is to build a deeper connection between the people who are being helped by this scheme and the government.
I hope you found this helpful.